Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Mancakes & Menstown

This is a Mancake.  The very last one, in fact... the latest and greatest creation to come out of "Menstown."  (What's "Menstown," you ask?  Well, let me see if I can offer a fair definition, seeing as how I am not a man!  To my understanding, Menstown is any gathering of the guys, both large and small, and its primary goal is to enjoy great time together with 1) good--often hot & spicy-- food, 2) quality programming on tv-- generally sports or war movies!, and/or 3) any other manly thing they can conjure up.)   This past weekend, while the ladies were away, Pops, Daddy, Bub, Noh-man and Big Man spent 50 hours in Menstown and had a fabulous time! 
 
As for the "mancakes"-- the  guys decided to try something new for breakfast on Saturday morning.  Pops made pancakes the usual way but then decided, with Bub's help, to add a secret ingredient.  Now for any of you who know my dad, you know that he is a hot sauce fanatic-- hot sauce usually tops most any meal he eats.  So naturally, I assumed it would be the secret ingredient.  Well I was close, but no cigar.  It was... are you ready for this?... crushed red peppers!  Have you ever heard of such a thing?? No, I hadn't either, but evidently, the experiment worked and the "Mancakes" received rave reviews from all.  Who'd a thunk it?!

Fortunately the men's weekend together was a huge success.  Of course, their time together is always great, but this weekend was an extra fun treat.  They did all sorts of neat things-- they spent an afternoon at an awesome children's museum, they watched the Olympics, they stayed up very late, and they dined on who-knows-what.  Curious as I was about what my children had consumed in my absence, I decided to ask about their meals... had they eaten any fruit while we were away?  Nope.  Any vegetables?? Bub: "Does macaroni and cheese count?"  How about beverages-- did you drink anything other than soda?  Bub again: "Um yeah-- I had a glass of orange juice yesterday."  Hmmm.  I'm not sure what they lived off of for 2 days and nights, but I did find an empty box of these on the counter:

Notice the weight on the box-- 3 lbs, 6 oz.  I'm sure that box was at least half full when we left.  Not anymore!  They also left us a few of these... evidence that they did eat something requiring utensils~
Anyhow, the guys apparently had a great time on their own, so who am I to complain?  As an added bonus, they all looked great when we returned and didn't have any horror stories to report. One never knows!  They even ran to greet us when we pulled up the drive.  Big Man offered Corrine a squeeze but refused to smile for the camera~
Noh-man and Pops were a bit more cooperative.

I'm very proud of my main men-- they did a super job while we were gone!  Now, does this mean the ladies will get to take more girls' weekends away??

1 comment:

gretchen said...

One can only hope! Let me know when you plan one... I'll be there with bells on and a quart of Brusters to go with it.