Thursday, January 15, 2009

Verse #2

Today's the 15th, so that means it's time for verse #2.  I've committed my first passage (Hebrews 12:1-2) to memory so I'm ready to move on to my next one.  Unfortunately, the task of memorizing anything doesn't come naturally anymore; it actually takes a bit of time!  My boys, on the other hand... they read something once and they've got it locked away for good. I guess that's why the younger ones are often referred to as "little sponges." I just don't think most gals my age (you know, 27-and-holding) fit in to that category :)  No, the brain is tired these days... so review, review, review is the name of my game.  But hey, it works... eventually! Anyhoo, here's my verse:

In that day He will be your sure foundation,
providing a rich store of salvation, wisdom, and knowledge.
The fear of the LORD will be your treasure.

Isaiah 33:6

No comments: