Now, one year later, well... the results speak for themselves.
The Snowflake Classic
January 24-25, 2009
790 swimmers representing 11 teams from Virginia & Maryland
NOH-MAN: about to win the 100 Yard Freestyle, above
(Swimming his last meet as a 7-year old in the 8 & under category)
- 100 Yard Freestyle: 1st place with a personal best time of 1:18.99 (an 8.5 second drop from his seed time!), and a "BB" time for the 10 & under age group!!
- 100 Yard Breaststroke: 1st place with a personal best time of 1:48.69 (he had never raced in this event before)
- 50 Yard Backstroke: 2nd place with a personal best time of 44.82 seconds (a 4 sec drop)
- 50 Yard Freestyle: 2nd place with a personal best time of 36.64 (a 2 second drop)
- 100 Yard Butterfly: 2nd place with a time of 1:49. 92 (his first time racing in this event)
- 25 Yard Butterfly: 2nd place with a personal best of 20.22 (0.7 sec drop)
- 100 Yard Backstroke: 1st place with another personal best time of 1:39.13.
- 200 Yard Individual Medley: 3rd place with a time of 2:50.59 (his first official time for this event). This is an "A" time, thus qualifying him in this event for Age-Group Champs in March.
- 100 Yard Freestyle: 2nd place with a personal best time of 1:07.56 (only half a second behind the winner!). This is a his first "AA" time!
- 50 Yard Butterfly: 3rd place with a personal best time of 33.79 (only 2 tenths of a second behind the 2 boys who tied for first!) and another "AA" time!
- 200 Yard Freestyle: 2nd place with a personal best time of 2:26.16 (a 10 second drop from his seed time!!), and only a quarter of a second behind the winner. Also, another "A" time (he missed an "AA" by less than half a second!)
- 50 Yard Breaststroke: A personal best time of 43.77 (he dropped half a second).
- 100 Yard Butterfly: 2nd place with a personal best time of 1:17.32 and his third "AA" time.
- 500 Freestyle: he didn't place in the top three in this event, but he swam a great race with a time of 6:51.71.
So, another fabulous weekend in the pool,
and another super weekend together~
The boys fought their way through the water and they have the results to prove it!
Many proud, proud mama moments!!