Monday, October 25, 2010

1000 Gifts: October glory



In awe of His glory, I give thanks~

0794
October beauty

0795
red, yelllow, and orange


0796
crunching leaves and fresh cool breezes

0797
autumn

"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."
~Albert Camus

0798
funny faces & laughter all around


0799
swan-shaped gourds... the garden brought in


0800
a just-turned 6-year old's explanation to his mildly (or perhaps... incredibly) stubborn 2 & a half-year old sister that sometimes you have to do things you just don't want to do

0801
strength to conceal my laughter as said 6 yo told me of their "discussion"

0802
big brother love

0803
paperbag pumpkins


0804
"Mom, can we take some home to share with [Bub] and [Noh-man]?"

0805
friends who have walked a similar path and know exactly where I am

0806
prayers before practice-- with requests for "a challenge" and then the strength to succeed

0807
perseverance

"... we also rejoice in our sufferings,
because we know that suffering produces perseverance;
perseverance, character;
and character, hope.
And hope does not disappoint us,
becasue God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit,
whom He has given us."

Romans 5: 3-5

0808
a new life, a new babe-- my bff... a mother once again

0809
little boys

08010
dinner with friends

0811
chocolate cake!

0812
a Saturday to sleep in

0813
homemade applesauce


0814
... some for now; some in jars for winter

0815
"[Bub], do you want to be a superhero? WE'RE superheroes!"

0816
and then later... "We're putting our things away... but we're STILL superheroes!"

0817
the opportunity to smile. And laugh. And give thanks, every. single. day.


"Now, our God, we give you thanks,
and praise Your glorious name."

1 Chronicles 29:13

holy experience


and the list continues...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the sentiments. Tell Gretchen Congratulations for us.
Moggie

jeana said...

I have one of those just turned 6 year old boys too. =] Love your list, and your pictures are beautiful!

Jeana

Craig and Bethany said...

I LOVE that Romans verse. Your pictures are outstanding! Oh, and love the quotes from your kids.

Unknown said...

Visiting from Ann's...love your gratitude list. Love the perspective on your pictures!

gretchen said...

Love your pics... I bet I know how Lolli learned to make that cute face! Love the superhero quote too! Little boys are always superheroes!!! Have a great week! Hope to see you soon!!!

And thanks Moggie!

Kristen @ joyfullythriving.com said...

Visiting from Ann's...Beautiful pictures!

Carrie said...

As always, I love your list, I love your pictures, and I love your HEART! Hope you have a blessed week, Heather!

Linda said...

Always, always so joyous. You have such a precious heart - one that sees with grateful eyes the blessing in the every day miracles. Thank you Heather. You bring such joy!

Christine said...

What sweet and tender hearts you are raising, Heather. I love each of the quotes. Zinnias are one of our very favorite flowers--such color and character. I LOVE the photo of the turning leaves. God's creation always takes my breath away.
Praying you are finding strength in Him once again this week to persevere and find His beauty all around. Thanks for always reminding me of the many gifts He gives. :)
Love, Christine

The dB family said...

Such a beautiful beautiful list! It brought joy to my heart and a smile to my face.

Blessings!
Deborah