Friday, June 4, 2010

Strawberry freezer jam


With our berries home from the field, the kids and I decided we'd better do something with them quickly...
or else Lolli would consume each and every one, and we'd have nothing left to show for our efforts.
Thankfully, they, too liked the idea of "jamming," so I decided to give this recipe a shot.

Simple. Painless. Fun for the kids. And affordable!

AND fruitfully yummy, too~


No refined sugars... just lots of berry-flavor... and with a few jars still left in the freezer...
there's enough to keep us content all summer long!



3 comments:

Carrie said...

Yum! Should I send you my address so you can mail me a jar?! J/K!!

Enjoy the "fruit" of your labor! ;)

Christine said...

I grew up loving my grandma's freezer jam. Thanks for the recipe. I've never tried it with honey and grape juice. Grandma always used a ton of white sugar... maybe I'll get brave this year and try to make it the healthier way.

Linda said...

Great job Heather (and kids!). It looks delicious, and how nice it will be to have a taste of spring in the middle of winter.