Thursday, June 3, 2010

Strawberries!



Another fieldtrip... this time to Hollins Farm in Delaplane, VA to pick "boo-eys"
(as Lollipop likes to call them)....
because fieldtrips are fun. And educational. And in this case, so very tasty too...
and because learning really DOES happen there.
Without a textbook, without a workbook, and without a single argument
re: that itsy-bitsy Ticonderoga pencil that really oughta belong to me by now. Sigh.




I think Lolli ate her weight in berries before we left that day...


but I'm sure she wasn't the only one :)



In July we'll head back for peaches.
But in the meantime, we'll enjoy some berries... fresh from the patch...
and a jar or two of homemade strawberry preserves.

Oh, the abundant & wonderfully delicious tastes of summer!

Thank you, Father, for these gifts of your hand~

6 comments:

Christine said...

What wonderful photos. What amazing rolling hills! God's creation is astonishing, isn't it? From the hills to the sweetness that grows from the dirt, God's hand of love is everywhere. Thanks for sharing.

gretchen said...

great times! we picked last week and I attempted pictures - but Sam - it's all I have to say... got some yummy berries...boys have enjoyed them! Miss you friend! Have a wonderful day.

Carrie said...

Sounds so yummy ... and what a GORGEOUS place!!

I hope you guys are having a great summer so far! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure everyone had a great time . The jam is great! Hope you kept the recipe. See you soon. Love to all, Mom

Linda said...

What a beautiful place Heather. I love sharing in your adventures because they are the very things I love to do too. Fresh strawberries - how delicious is that?

60 toes said...

Is that near Middleburg? We need to head out there next time we are at my mom's. Maybe we could pick peaches with you guys. fun!