Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A quiz... name that show!

Or... that character, to be more specific! Who spoke (er, uh... sang) these words:

"Albania, Albania, you border on the Adriatic.
Your land is mostly mountainous,
And your chief export is chrome."

Sung by one of my favorite television characters of all time, this tune actually helped me this morning as I was attempting (however pitifully) to fill in an online map (game-style) of Europe. It was one of the few countries I actually got correct... sigh.

But then I taught the tune to my boys (it really is amazing how much info sticks in your noggin when coupled with music), so now they're knowledge of European geography is slightly improved :)

And who said tv is worthless??!

So, back to the song... anybody have a guess?? Here's a hint-- think baseball, a neighborhood bar, and a witty old man

2 comments:

gretchen said...

Coach! That's the guess from the Gray household! Let's make a date to chat... have some faith questions for you.

G

Hubby said...

Gretchen is absolutely right. It is Coach from Cheers.