Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I think we're gonna be just fine.

So today started with our very first video call via Skype-- what a gift it was to see my two sweet babes back home with Grandmom!!  Thankfully, we were able to talk for a handful of minutes before we lost our connection... then off to the van for two very important appointments.  At the Civil Affairs office, we signed papers.  And in front of the notary (a *very* high official here in China), we signed papers.  Then we answered some questions.  And then we signed more papers.  And now, in the eyes of the Chinese government, we are officially our little one's parents!  Tomorrow is passport day, and then on Thursday-- her medical appointment.  Time is ticking by, and we are having a blast, but boy-oh-boy, I'm ready to get home!!

As for the rest of our day-- we all took a nap!
And then we went to the pool.
Since Little One loved her bath last night, we all assumed she'd LOVE the pool...
but we were wrong.
Very, very wrong!
She wouldn't go near it.  She planted her feet and tugged herself back and made it very, very clear that she wanted nothing to do with that giant blue tub!  So I plopped her on a chair while the guys enjoyed a dip, and we proceeded to roast on the sidelines.






After 15 minutes or so, I was desperate.  Because it's HOT here in Guangzhou!  Though I was not dressed for the pool, I needed some refreshment, so I picked our girl up and carried her over to the pool; I lowered myself down and sat on the edge, my little one content in my lap.  I didn't think we'd stay there too long as her reaction had been so severe before, but she surprised me.  She let me splash her legs and drip water on her arms, and after a minute or two, her brothers came over and did the very same thing.  And then big brother reached out his arms... and she never looked back!












Yeah, I think we're gonna be just fine!


11 comments:

Linda said...

Heather
We're siting in the airport waiting for our flight to N.C. and I thought I'd check on you. She is just precious. I am fighting tears. Praying all the "stuff" goes smoothly and you're safely home soon. Sending love.

gretchen said...

Oh my - so thankful we serve such a mighty God. As I sit here - it's been a struggle this morning - I am so thankful I am able to read such blessing. So excited for you. Praising God that your girl is yours! Enjoy your time there... cuz the real fun starts in just a few days! :) Parenting and reality here you come! Love you - praying for guys for smooth sailing!

gretchen said...

oh - and so glad you got to skype and it worked! now we should be able to chat when you get home when we have some free time.... bwahahhaha! Did I say free time? ;)

Anonymous said...

L says it looks like A is having some fun! Wish I could be in the pool too! L wants to know if you think A would like a mermaid Lalaloopsy? We could buy one and bring it to the airport. WRITE BACK SOON so we can go shopping.Love, L

Anonymous said...

Oh, Heath, Abigail Rose is simply adorable (pensez francais). THANK YOU for all of these incredibly touching pics and for letting us share your joy! Love, Les. :)

Kellie said...

Oh, she is just beautiful. And those pictures with the boys are precious.

Laura said...

Adorable pics! God really had every last detail planned perfectly - of course she loves to swim! She's a Klipp!! :) Praying all goes well over the next few days and that the time flies before you are home! L's note is too cute. I think she's ready to be a big sister!

Anonymous said...

I just loved looking at the pictures from the pool! She looks so happy! I know the boys are loving having another sister to enjoy! The smiles on everyone's faces are just radiant!!!

Unknown said...

We are in tears rejoicing with you all. What a treasure she is. God is with you all for sure. Love from the Kooshians

Hope said...

Klipp family,
your new addition is adorable. She has the prettiest smile.
We look forward to your safe return and meeting your little princess!

Som and Hope Saadat

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love these pictures!! We can't wait to meet her!! Andrew is so excited to play with her! We love you all!!
The Bauer family!