Monday, April 18, 2011

1000 Gifts: April abundance


"Sing to the LORD a new song;
Sing to the LORD, all the earth.
Sing to the LORD, praise His name;
Proclaim His salvation day after day.
Declare His glory among the nations,
His marvelous deeds among the peoples.
For great is the LORD ans most worthy of praise..."

Psalm 96: 1-4a


Filled to overflowing, I add another page to my journal
as I thank Him for the gifts of His hand~

941
another week... another grace-filled week

942
marked by the colors of His hand

943
red (my favorite :)


944
with pink (hers :)


945
and a splash of iridescence to top it all off


946
{Bub}, you need to make the wise choice.
~Big Man

947
little ears that listen... that hear... that learn

948
a hand-me-down typewriter and hours of letter-writing fun

949
"Mommy, I have to type-write!" ~Lollipop

950
her finished product... "It says, 'Obey your parents, Mom.' "

951
{Big Man}, we can wear shorts today!!!

952
spring-like temperatures... WARMTH finally here


953
A picnic dinner... on the patio. And the John Deere trike.


954
and boys that never grow too big for such things

955
bumping in to a friend I haven't seen since high school... in the Costco parking lot

956
and then again on the pool deck after Big Man's swim practice

957
this small, small world

958
freckles


959
"Mommy, it's a beautiful morning!!"

960
a quiet Sunday-- Chris and the kids out of town, enjoying their get-away

961
me at home... the garden to myself

962
his thoughtfulness

963
spring break

964
six-year old curiosity

"Mom, is God taller than (Uncle) Dave?
Because in my red Bible, He's really small.
But in my white Bible, He's MUCH bigger."

965
and the Truth that sets men free

966
Christ's triumphal entry... His Selfless Sacrifice... His LOVE, poured out for me... Victory over the grave

Jesus has overcome and the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead

And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise

~Chris Tomlin

967
... grace to rise

"But He was pierced for our transgressions,
He was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on Him,
and by His wounds we are healed."

Isaiah 53:5


and the list continues...


10 comments:

Kellie said...

Such a beautiful list. And a day to yourself? That is definitely something to be thankful about. It's so nice to have a break once in a while. ; )

Carrie said...

Your kids said so many cute things this past week, Heather!! You are one smart mama for writing them down so you don't forget!! ;)

You've taken some lovely photos! I can't believe how your kids have grown!

Hope you have a blessed week!

The dB family said...

Beautiful gifts. Our children are such a special gift from God.

Blessings!
Deborah

Erin @ Wild Whispers said...

I love the freckles! What a handsome face!

Christine said...

Heather,
Your photos are exquisite this week, friend. And your words of thankfulness are music to my ears. What a blessing it is to remember the good gifts that come from His hand... gifts that keep on giving. Keep it up, Heather. You're pleasing the Father with your attention and your words of love. And you're blessing more people than you know as you go! Especially me! :) Have a beautiful Holy Week basking in His grace and mercy. Much love and a big hug from me to you,
Christine

Aisling said...

Love the bubbles photo. And 964 made me smile

gretchen said...

Wonderful list... wonderful friend! Love you-

remembering a Cville Easter... dumped egg dye over your mom's counters... pictures of little men...now big men...seems so long ago. :) love you

Emily T. Thomas said...

ohh, I had a #955 this weekend @ a consginment sale - and it's on my list too!
Blessings!
LIb
http://bit.ly/hJwOhi

Linda said...

I love a visit at your house Heather - so much fun!
Isn't a day to yourself just a wonderful gift?
It is a joy to look at all the great pictures and "listen in" on the kids. Love it!
Have a blessed week sweet girl.

Melanie said...

The photos are beautiful!!! I especially love the 'freckles' :)

I have some free Easter / "He Is Risen" blog buttons if you would like one to display on your blog! They are on my blog and free to anyone who would like one. :-)

Celebrating His resurrection,
Melanie