Wednesday, January 13, 2010

For my mom...

who's missing her grandkids & lamenting the
end of the Christmas season... all at once :)

And for me.... because I needed a late-morning break...
because it's been one of those days...
because evidently my children ate pure sugar for breakfast, and as a result, my home is now a crazy-high-energy battle ground. A game of capture the flag meets tackle football... even Lolli is playing along.

So far, no injuries.

And all this after Big Man-- who had almost completed his last workbook exercise-- reported that he just didn't "have enough energy to finish the goats." I guess those goats were simply too labor-intensive.

Meanwhile, here I sit-- blogging for therapy... blogging for relief... blogging for my mama :)

Thankfully, I found a few photos tucked away from our Christmas holiday... a few snapshots of the kiddos (both young and older... not old :) at her house on the hill... sledding and speeding and hollering down the side of the mountain in what remained of our Christmas-break blizzard.

So here you go, ma... just for you... with much, much love :)
















5 comments:

gretchen said...

Nice hair, Chris - :)

praying for your mom, and dad, and family. :) can't wait to see you. Have lots to tell. Friday can't some soon enough! Praying the weekend goes by REALLY SLOWLY - and that we get snowed in. :) Wouldn't THAT be fun!

Love you! Love the pics! I wanna know why You didn't go down?

Linda said...

How sweet of you Heather. Speaking from a Grandma's heart I know how precious those pictures are to her. How strong those ties are that bind us together. How wonderful that through this amazing medium we can send heartfelt love.

Carrie said...

What SWEET photos! I just love them! You guys look like one HAPPY family!! ;0

Anonymous said...

Thank you !!!! What great photos!! I'm still waiting for two to come up, why they don't come up in order I don't understand, but the ones I've seen so far definitely bring a huge smile to my face and heart. Love you guys! I can hear the screamsof delight all over again! Thanks for the memories. I need a few pics for my frames.! Love to all.

60 toes said...

I have never seen Chris with that much hair. :)

Looks like a great time.