Alright. So here's the deal-- it's been one of those weeks. Yes, one of those weeks, and it's only Tuesday.
Pathetic, I know.
But I can't help it. You see... the novelty of a new school year is wearing off... very quickly, bookshelves are in disarray and school books are scattered hither and yon, my family room looks like a construction zone (more on that later), latin is kicking my tush, my toddler is in to everything (and I mean everything), my boys are eating me out of house and home, Mt. Laundry refuses to disappear, my kitchen is a mess, I have travel plans looming on the horizon and I'm not real sure what to do with them, I'm really struggling with a few conflicting priorities, and at the same time I'm praying over Colossians 3:23-24 over and over and over again, I have a class to teach at co-op on Friday and a baby to deliver (well, not really... but oh, I can't wait! :) before then... or after then... sometime soon, for sure... right Les?? (You see, my sister-in-love's baby was due yesterday, and that little treasure simply refuses to make his-- or her-- grand entrance in to this world, so every time my phone rings, I think it's Leslie, calling to tell me it's time to run to the hospital. So far, no such luck.)
And on top of all that, Christmas is only 12 weeks away!
Yes. You got that right-- Christmas... 12 weeks away...
It'll be here before the blink of an eye.
Thankfully, we have Tsh at Simple Mom to help us prepare. Over the next 12 weeks she'll be posting all sorts of helpful ideas:
12 Weeks to a Peaceful Christmas
- 12: Solidify the Christmas budget
- 11: Organize your mailing addresses for Christmas cards, and explore alternative ideas
- 10: Start (or finish!) gift shopping
- 9: Research ways to donate gifts or time as a family
- 8: Inventory your holiday decor and list the items to look for on sale
- 7: Finalize the holiday calendar and schedule dates and events
- 6: Prepare a a new family tradition, such as a Jesse Tree
- 5: Design, buy, or order your Christmas cards and stamps, and address envelopes
- 4: Decorate for Christmas
- 3: Make meal plans; batch cook and freeze meals for the next few weeks
- 2: Make and freeze cookie dough, and prepare any food gifts
- 1: Clean the home, prepare for guests, or prepare to be a guest
I'll surely be tuning in... because I could use a little peace right now :)
Edit: 9 hours later
My light bulb moment-- Feelings of inadequacy & defeat, periods of chaos & frustration, moments of doubt & despair... these are NOT from the LORD! He is a God of love, a God of order, a God of hope. He is a God of mercy, a God of grace, a God of peace. In Him, I have true life; because of Him, I've been set free. Succumbing to the pressures of this world-- to be all things to all people... that's not what He intends for me, and the sooner I clue in, the better off I'll be!
So... resting in His everlasting arms, depending on His strength-- HIS strength-- to be made perfect in my weakness, trusting in HIM fully... in all things and with all things... that's the real deal.
And from now on, by God's amazing grace, that's where you'll find me~