Monday, October 19, 2009

1000 Gifts: October blessings


Thanks is never for the things.
Thanks is for His touch.

-Ann Voskamp

0094
daisies in October


0095
God's gift of marriage and a family-- together-- to celebrate

0096
"Aunt Heather's here! Aunt Heather's here!"

0097
my 5 favorite men and Pops's superhuman strength... or perhaps just a little bit of big boy humor :)


0098
talents, abilities, passions, and goals... and God's incredible blessings which allow us to put them all together... for His glory

0099
my two dedicated young men and their swim meet success!

0100
magic in the miniature


0101
friendships unaffected by distance

0102
a leaf collecting frenzy, the enthusiasm with which he embraced the hunt, and the beautiful work of his hands, now hanging on our dining room mirror



0103
"Mama, I love you all the way to Pluto!"
Quiet, pensive pause.
"Is Pluto farther than the South Pole??"

0104
a heavy burden met with timely words.... a timely message.... a timely discovery.
Exactly what I needed...
God's faithfulness every. single. time.

0105
servant hearts, the ministry of others, selfless examples, and childlike faith

0106
the gentle prodding of a Savior who loves me too much to leave me as I am

0107
extravagant giving

0108
and these Words:

"...My grace is sufficient for you,
for My strength is made perfect in weakness...”

2 Corinthians 12:9



holy experience


and my list continues...

8 comments:

Carrie said...

Love, Love, Love your list! ... as I always do! ;) You have such a way with words! When you reach 1000, you should put it all in a book!!

Rebecca said...

Loved #101...what a blessing that you do have a friendship{s) that are sustained through the distance. Those seem to be rare.

Anonymous said...

Your list and photos are uplifting!

gretchen said...

Love you! Twelve days and counting!

Heather of Swallowing A Moose said...

What great things to thank Him for! An I LOVE the ending of your post. I didn't expect that there and it brought a tear to my eye.

Sweet Blessings,
Heather

Unknown said...

You lift up a heart every time.

KEE said...

Love your list such great things to be thankful for and love the pictures to go with.
God Bless
Kee

Lisa @ Our Country Road said...

Beautiful list #104 is my favorite :)