Monday, September 27, 2010

1000 Gifts: September's end


"This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

Psalm 118:24


Rejoicing in the gifts of His hand, I add another page to my journal~

0757
rain

0758
RAIN, glorious rain!

0759
and the prospect of more to come

0760
garden helpers, even as the season comes to an end


0761
end-of-summer deliciousness, ripening on the vine

0762
and the anticiaption of a few more tomatoes from our backyard experiment


0763
homemade mashed potatoes-- made from our-very-own-garden spuds

0764
and end-of-summer color... I'll take it as long as it lasts!


0765
a birthday celebration and the joy that comes with turning six

0766
special friends and a dinner at Wegmans (a birthday first for us... and likely a first amongst all six-year old boys... but that was his choice... and it turned out to be a blast!)

0767
hiding in the bathroom for 60 seconds (please don't tell me I'm the only one who does this :)... only to be interrupted by my very confused two-year old... "You potty training??"

0768
those unexpected moments of levity

0769
and the reminder that they grow too quickly.... so cherish it while it lasts!


0770
meals around the table

0771
being reminded by my two-year old daughter that we forgot to say grace

0772
an email from a special gal whom I've never even met face to face...
and her words of encouragement, her words of truth, her words of compassion...
that point me to Jesus, every. single. time

0773
a community of believers and the accountability it provides

0774
darling kindergarten girls and the opportunity to serve in their class

0775
and eternal security, found only in Jesus Christ

"... and the cry of my heart is to bring You praise
from the inside out
Lord, my soul cries out..."

~From the Inside Out, Hillsong

holy experience

and the list continues...

7 comments:

-t- said...

hiding in the bathroom for 60 seconds (please don't tell me I'm the only one who does this :)... only to be interrupted by my very confused two-year old... "You potty training??"

:} too cute :}

gretchen said...

miss you friend. so sorry we missed you on the phone call again. :( so wish I could just sit and chat with you a while. Great list.. you encourage me to start mine back up again... it's been a while. Love you - have a great Monday.

G

Carrie said...

What a lovely list, Heather!!

Lolli's shoes are absolutely adorable!! How precious!!!

P.S. I hide in my bathroom (and closet!), too!! ;)

Annesta said...

Heather,
How every precious is your list! How full of God's grace and beauty your pictures...love the little feet in the sweet little shoes. You speak truth when you say they grow up so fast! How well I know that truth in our lives.
I join you in gratitude for delicious vegetables from the garden, for birthday celebrations and for # 767...I laughed so hard at that one.
blessings
~a

Linda said...

Another week filled with blessings from the Father's heart to yours Heather.
I understand the bathroom thing...a few minutes of peace and quiet are just what we need sometimes. I love her cute little question. She is precious.
I'm thankful you got rain. It was such a blessing to have abundant rain this summer. Everything looks so lush and beautiful.
Praying your week is filled with joy and a teeny bit of peace and quiet :-)

Christine said...

Hello, friend! I love your list once again! What bounty! In rain, garden treats, and little girls. You are not alone in hiding in the bathroom! I STILL do it sometimes! Sometimes you need to get away to take a breath and allow God to 'hit reset' and give you the strength and joy to carry on. He certainly did that with Lolli's sweet question!

May you feel His strong arms around you this day/this week as He carries you through and helps you to see Him in the big and little things.
Much love!
Christine

Kellie said...

I love rain too. Your daughter is so adorable, I just melt every time you post a picture of her.